Open Industry Positions
Biohaven Pharmaceuticals, Director/Associate Director, Datawarehouse and CRM
Reporting to the Senior Director Commercial Operations, this role will manage all aspects of CRM and Datawarehouse. This role will be working primarily with Sales, Sales Leadership and Marketing. Also, this role will begin as an individual contributor managing an extensive outsourced team, that will transition and scale up to build an internal team focused on the above functions and potentially other insight related capabilities. Additionally, this role requires partnering closely day-to-day with the market access, & medical affairs team(s) to:
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Strong understanding and experience in implementing various CRM functional areas: Territory Alignment, Customer Management, CLM, KOL Management, Events, Sample Management, Multi-Channel Content, Target List/ Cycle Plan, Veeva specific modules
- Lead and support enhancement, implementation, and maintenance of data warehouse and its underlying data architecture with goal of providing an industry-leading analytics platform to enable timely decision-making by the Biohaven Commercial team
- Collaborate closely with key internal stakeholders to ensure alignment between data warehouse and internal (i.e.,Veeva CRM) and external data sources (e.g., pharmacies)
- Closely manage both an in-house and consulting team with focus on operational accountability (timeliness and compliance) while balancing financial investment in order to deliver a reliable data warehouse solution
- Serve as primary liaison for users of data with the Commercial leadership team (BLT), Business Intelligence, Sales Operations and Analytics, and Finance teams
- Serve as an internal champion for data by educating peers about the data warehouse and its role in reporting and decision-making
- Drive the spirit of “ONE Team” across all functions by supporting a team approach to focus on customers as our top priorities
- Vendor Management
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience
- Technical degree or certifications preferred
- Experience with commercial pharma applications including Veeva CRM, Veeva Promomats required
- Data warehouse expertise with hands-on technical skills and a strong understanding of healthcare analytics, pharma data flow, and how to map multiple data streams into a reporting framework that addresses pre-defined and evolving Commercial KPIs
- Demonstrated success in building and delivering an end-to-end data warehouse solution at a fast-paced, small- to medium-sized pharma company with limited day-to-day process and guidance
- Significant experience in day-to-day management of an in-house team and external on-shore consultants to ensure timely execution of deliverables in a cost-conscious and compliant manner
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Business acumen and strategic vision to foresee strategic or executional opportunities and challenges around data management during a launch period.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with key functions such as Business Intelligence, Managed Markets and Finance to deliver value to stake-holders while being able to influence without different authority
- Effective leader who can deliver a vision but also be clear with his/her team in regard to expectations and deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Learning agility and ‘scalability’ to take on increasing responsibility as Biohaven grows
- Consistent demonstration and embodiment of company core values: Collaboration, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Passion, Patient/Stakeholder Centricity
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gilead, Senior Director, Commercial Strategic Insights, Strategic Pricing and Payer Research
United States – California – Foster City
Market Access & Health Economics
Reporting to the Executive Director, Commercial Strategic Insights (CSI), our Sr. Director will lead a high-performing team responsible for ensuring that pricing, patient access, and reimbursement decisions are based on a rigorous assessment of customer needs in the context of product strategy, market environment, and economic requirements. You would serve as head of Strategic Pricing and Payer Research for our US Commercial organization. With 3-4 direct reports, you would be responsible for all US WAC Pricing decisions, as well as US Payer Market Research across all US products and therapeutic areas.
- Leading a team responsible for comprehensive market research plans with payers, other access stakeholders, health-care providers, and other targets to develop recommendations for pricing of launch products in collaboration with Managed Markets, Brand Marketing, Global Value and Access, and other relevant cross-functional partners based on analyses encompassing a range of strategic considerations
- Responsible for analyzing and developing recommendations for US launch WAC pricing and in-line WAC pricing actions, working closely with Forecasting and Finance partners, consistent with strategic objectives; partnering with Managed Markets Strategy and Operations (MSO) on net price strategy to ensure coordination with WAC price
- Work closely with Managed Markets Marketing, to execute market research leading to the development of the key value propositions for our customers
- Partner with Global Value and Access to ensure US strategies are consistent, aligned, and build on the global strategy
- Monitor manufacturer pricing actions within relevant therapeutic areas and reports these to management with meaningful context
- Benchmark historical launch and in-market pricing decisions / actions to ensure decisions are made with appropriate historical market and environmental context
- Demonstrate broad cross functional leadership. As appropriate, partner with relevant functional experts and/or lead market research and analytic workstreams that support pricing, reimbursement and access decisions
- Work with Market Research, Sales Analytics & Forecasting partners, compile and analyze statistical data through which to interpret market trends and, as appropriate, identify opportunities for improving market access and/or pricing performance
- Lead market research strategy, planning, vendor contracts and manage the CSI Strategic Pricing and Payer Research budget
- Represent Strategic Pricing and Payer Research CSI function at appropriate senior level meetings and make recommendations to advance the portfolio based on a sound knowledge of the marketplace.
- Ensure Gilead leverages ‘best practices’ in executing strategic pricing analysis, including building vendor partnerships, assessing / acquiring data sources, analytic techniques and frameworks, etc.
Knowledge & Skills:
Our ideal candidate is strategically thoughtful, and understands the critical role of pricing and market access in commercial strategy, particularly, in support of product launches.
In addition, the following capabilities are considered prerequisites:
- Exceptional data analytical and interpretive skills
- Interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures and disciplines
- Strong communication skills with the ability to distill and efficiently communicate complex analytics (both orally and in writing) across all levels of management
- Leadership skills and team/ people management experience, with experience leading cross-functional working groups through complex projects
- Experience designing and conducting quantitative and qualitative primary and secondary market research, especially among payers
- In-depth knowledge and experience in assessing opportunities within a complex reimbursement environment
- Excellent project management skills, and the ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment of competing and changing priorities. Must have strong task management skills to include planning, prioritization, objective setting, and meeting management and plan execution
- Balances exceptional technical expertise with strong strategic thinking and practical business orientation, including a firm grasp of complex analytics & modeling techniques that support a range of strategic decisions
- Significant experience in pharmaceutical pricing analysis
- Strong knowledge of the roles of other functions (Managed Markets, Brand Marketing, Finance, Market Research, etc.) in order to develop and maintain effective partnerships
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with ability to lead, interact with, focus, resolve conflict and drive consensus among individuals from a variety of cultures, and disciplines are required
- A Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 14 years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech or related industry (or 12 years’ with an advanced degree relevant to the role)
- An advanced degree is preferred
- 5+ years combining pricing / reimbursement, product strategy, market planning and/or financial analysis experience
- Experience conducting secondary data and benchmarking analyses, as well as primary market research among payers, KOLs, and medical professionals is required. Depth of knowledge regarding quantitative data analytic techniques is preferred.
- Product launch experience is highly desired
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com.