Open Industry Positions
Bayer, Director Promotional Programs
Reporting to the VP, Marketing Operations, this role leads a team responsible for the strategic and operational business activities for US Pharma Speakers Bureau, Displays and Sponsorships, Veeva Events. As the USPH business continues to grow and new products are launched, these important customer-facing activities have expanded exponentially. This role will be responsible for innovating in each area to enable the franchises to reach more customers, drive consistency and reliability in execution, minimize operating risks, improve efficiency and ensure adherence to compliance
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role are:
- Responsible for the strategic approach and operations of the USPH Speakers’ Bureau. This role acts as the lead for the agency; relationship and is the liaison to Brand & Sales Leadership to support the strategic objectives of the franchises. They are responsible for identifying innovative ways to improve execution of speakers’ programs and ensuring consistency in adherence to required compliance policies and guidelines;
- Lead a team of 2 Sr. Managers and 2 Mangers collaborating directly with brands and responsible for managing initiative timelines, partnering with the agency and triaging any issues / questions and escalations involving speakers’ engagement. Team is also responsible for financial reconciliation of programs;
- Lead team to provide regular performance reporting to brand teams and monitor metrics to determine if tactical execution, speaker utilization and systems are meeting business needs;
- Analyze trends, provide benchmarks and evaluate effectiveness of programs to share best practices with brands. Innovate and identify program enhancement opportunities that will help free up time and resources that can be re-invested in growth driving activities. Update processes when appropriate change is necessary;
- Partner closely with Bayer Corp Compliance, Procurement, Brands and Sales to oversee the cross-divisional speaker bureau on-boarding processes (including annual justification, fair market value review, nominations and renewals, contracting and SOW approvals) for all brands and ensure that policies and procedures are followed both internally and externally;
- Serves as single point of contact and liaison for agency and brands for key internal and external communication regarding speaker programming. Also assumes role of first-line “go-to” person for internal stakeholders within Bayer (Legal, Controlling, Compliance, Brands, IT, Field Ops, etc.) related to Speakers Bureau. Responsible for developing and monitoring Speaker Bureau vendor Service Level Agreements and sets parameters for vendor;
- Lead Cross–Functional Quarterly Business Reviews to share updates and best practices across Therapeutic Areas;
- Works with Controllers and Brands to ensures adherence to defined invoice reconciliation thresholds, track and report on programs ROI with senior management, Generate and develop additional database reports (as requested) by internal customers;
- In alignment with Corporate Compliance, develops and implements speaker program process(es) and system training for Sales and Marketing. Partners with vendor to develop and update training materials, as needed. Coordinates with Marketing Effectiveness and training vendor to develop, update and maintain e-modules for system training for US. Coordinates with Learning Management System (LMS) team to ensure accurate documentation and reporting of training for US Bayer users and US Agency users for compliance and audit purposes;
- Maintains Speakers Bureau SOP and coordinates with speaker bureau vendor for brand training needs on process and Speakers’ Bureau System. Coordinates speaker cap monitoring with vendor and brand
Key Working Relationships:
- Sales & Marketing Leadership
- Comm Ops Leadership
- Market Access Leadership
- External Agencies
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Agency management and/or relationship experience required;
- Ability to develop contingency plans and manage multiple projects with similar timelines;
- Strong communication skills, ability to simply communicate complex messages and explain new concepts;
- Ability to work with and lead a cross-functional team;
- Ability to resolve conflicts within the team before they become an issue, i.e., a strong mediator
- MBA preferred with at least 10+ years of related work experience;
- Work experience and/or knowledge of Marketing Operations functions, such as Brand Marketing, Marketing Communications, and Agency Management preferred;
- People leadership experience preferred;
- Speaker bureau operations experience and/or 3+ years of strong project management experience preferred;
- Thorough understanding of the Legal, Medical and Regulatory process and governing policies preferred
Local regulations and legal requirements vary per country of hire and will be discussed with considered candidates individually based on their potential of hire.
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, physical characteristics, social origin, disability, union membership, religion, family status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any unlawful criterion under applicable law. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.
Bayer is committed to providing barrier-free access and support-facilities for individuals with disabilities – during the application process and beyond. Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to request any support / equipment they may need via the contact information below.
IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL CANADIAN CANDIDATES: This position requires full vaccination against COVID-19.
Location: United States : New Jersey : Whippany
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BeiGene, Executive Director, Digital and Multichannel Engagement
BeiGene continues to grow at a rapid pace with challenging and exciting opportunities for experienced professionals. When considering candidates, we look for scientific and business professionals who are highly motivated, collaborative, and most importantly, share our passionate interest in fighting cancer.
Reporting to the Vice President, Commercial Operations and Business Analytics, the Executive Director of Digital and Multichannel Engagement will be responsible for setting the vision and leading the organizations digital infrastructure, non-personal marketing strategy, and advanced analytics capabilities. The position serves as the commercial point of contact for multichannel engagement initiatives across Beigene and works in close collaboration with global commercial and medical affairs leadership to provide expertise in leading a data driven digital approach. Besides relevant functional expertise, strong leadership, the ability to both articulate a vision and dive into operational details when needed to see through execution, transformative change management, enterprise mindset, and experience working closely with senior leadership are required.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Oversee the development of the US Commercial and Medical Affairs digital vision, strategy, roadmap, and capabilities, including global omnichannel capabilities
- Responsible for the development and socialization of the digital vision and strategy for the commercial and medical affairs organizations
- Provide a vision, frameworks and standards that allow local marketers to drive consistently positive customer experiences across customer types, brands and channels
- Lead team embedded in the brands who help set and execute the overall digital strategy
- Co-create and drive customer experience strategy across the organization ensuring buy-in and alignment with broader corporate and brand strategies
- Build holistic relationships internally to drive a customer-centric culture as well as externally with partnering organizations (Advertising agencies, other 3rd party vendors) to ensure alignment with needs with customer needs
- Oversee adherence to and execution of the customer experience strategy; strive to ensure that every customer receives a positive experience across multiple touch points (Personal, online, mobile, call centers, etc.)
- Assess the current state of advanced analytics and digital capabilities define the future state and develop a roadmap to reach the desired state, in close collaboration with the relevant Global teams
- Continuously innovative customer engagement techniques to bring new ways of thinking to the brand and field teams
- Oversee robust marketing mix analytics to inform business investments and targeting to enhance field execution, including predictive models and next best action
- Socialize dashboards for all levels of the organization to demonstrate the effectiveness and ROI of digital initiatives, including agency performance.
- Lead a team responsible for the global digital roadmap and development of digital capabilities, including development of the digital omnichannel marketing program
- Partner with Commercial Operations to oversee identification and implementation of innovation technology-solution needs and oversee marketing technology stack from a business-needs perspective
- Aid and assist to the execution of digital campaigns through established capabilities
- Lead, motivate, and inspire a team of professionals, fostering and actively supporting individual development, and recruiting new talents
- Bachelors degree required; Masters degree preferred
- 14+ years related experience in the Pharma industry, with proven multichannel marketing experiences
- 10+ years of people or project management experience
- Experience in managing cross-functional teams (global experience preferred) and implementing programs and process improvements
- Deep knowledge and understanding of multichannel marketing principles
- Ability to think strategically and integrate MCE into business objectives and brand plans
- Experience leveraging data and insights to inform strategies and optimize plans
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills across all levels of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
- Biotech/pharmaceutical project/process management, experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite. Willingness to explore and leverage new technologies and digital tools
- Experience using SharePoint and Microsoft one drive, concur for travel and expense reporting, and with meeting planning systems such as Cvent and contract management systems
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Planning/Organizing – Strong planning, organizing, and execution skills. Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Communication – Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively. Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Supports everyone’s efforts to succeed. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Shares expertise with others.
- Adaptability – Able to adapt to changes in the work environment. Manages competing demands. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events. Strong interest in learning and developing professional skills to include leadership.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and development areas; Pursues training and opportunities for growth; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. BeiGene does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
If you are interested in this position, please forward your resume to email@example.com.