It’s a cliché to say that our people are our greatest strength. But for 25 years, the individuals who make up the Trinity team have been the foundation of our culture and the key to our competitive advantage. That is why we put a premium on not only identifying, onboarding and cultivating top talent but on supporting the long-term growth of each member of our team. Indeed, half of Trinity’s executive team began their own careers at Trinity and have grown into their leadership roles.
It starts with ensuring team members have a fulfilling experience at Trinity. From best-in-class onboarding and high-value feedback to meaningful opportunities to learn and to advance to management and leadership roles, our goal is to give every member of our team an exceptional employee experience and a clear roadmap for career development both at Trinity and beyond.
To nurture the continued development of every team member, we identify and concentrate on the skills and experiences needed for success at the time they are most impactful. We require every member of our team to proactively set goals for their own personal development. In return, we provide multiple avenues for training and on-the-job learning, coaching and mentoring, detailed and constructive performance feedback and regular discussions about professional development.
We bring each team member aboard with a single expectation: that they’ll make an immediate impact. But impact alone does not necessarily lead to building success. At Trinity we strive for a collaborative and comprehensive approach to activating each person’s talent, starting on day one.
At Trinity, we recognize that the first three to six months in a role have a big impact on long-term success. So during the onboarding process, we make sure new hires have ample opportunity to:
- Familiarize themselves with Trinity’s unique business model, functional expertise, and foundational customer service and consulting practices
- Learn on a continued, role-specific basis in an on-the-job application
- Benefit from training topics offered both in group and self-driven/on-demand settings
- Take part in a customer project simulation exercise, applying knowledge towards real-life insights
We continuously review and iterate our onboarding programs to ensure we get the maximum impact with quality delivery and content. Our primary concern is always the employees and innovating ways to help them succeed.
Everyone needs feedback – from the new hires fresh out of college to industry veterans. At Trinity, we prioritize feedback that’s regular, respectful, and constructive, including:
- Project-Specific Feedback. Post-project 360 Feedback from peers/project managers
- 1:1s. Regular check-ins with the team member’s manager
- New Hire 90-Day feedback to set short-term goals to
- 1:1 Feedback Digests throughout the year to understand how learnings are being applied to projects and personal goals
- An annual review of performance setting goals for the next 6-12 months
In addition, we provide resources for more perspective and coaching, including routine check-ins with leaders, champions, and mentors.
Foundational Career Development Pathways
Starting our careers brings with it many big decisions – from the type of company we want to work for and the kind of work that will excite us to where we want to live. At Trinity, we want to help team members make the right decisions to get them started on the right path.
Over the first year, we also provide several meaningful opportunities for new hires to make sure they continue to progress in their career development:
- Journal entry exercise
- Overview of key expectations for the first year
- Achievements and challenges so far
- Learnings from Year 2 team members
- Q&A on what to expect in the first review cycle
- Set personal goals for the next 6-12 months
- “Everything I Wish I Knew but Was Afraid to Ask” panel with years 2-4 team members.
- Closeout and Looking Ahead
At Trinity, we accelerate our team members through the journey from individual contributor to manager of project and people.
We collaborate with leaders across the company to determine areas of focus and skills to develop against our business strategies. From day 1 joiners to senior leaders, we are committed to offering ongoing learning opportunities to drive our talent development to be the strongest thought partners in the life sciences industry.
Trainings and topics include:
- Ongoing training proficiency series in Project Management, Communication, Presentation, Growth Mindset and many more relevant hard and soft skills
- Specialized areas of focus including Data Management, Analytics, Market Research and more
- Foundations of business development and client management
- Core consulting skills and industry education
- Access to LinkedIn Learning for required and recommended content as well as individual self-driven skills development
- 1:1 coaching and ad hoc support
For managers and leaders:
- Introduction to people-management practices and principles
- Team seminar event, bringing managers together for dedicated manager training and networking
- Ongoing leader and manager forums
- Supporting customers and teams
- Key leader skills, including delegation, time management, feedback & coaching, as well as influence and executive presence
An Exceptional Experience
Central to having a great career is also having a great work experience. We believe the employee experience is what makes working at Trinity special. This includes:
- Work-Based Experiences. From industry learning and exposure presenting to customers to whitepaper involvement and innovation working groups.
- Trinity Events. These include everything from group outings and Lunch & Learn discussions to all-company meetings and happy hours. We work to create opportunities for team members to socialize, learn and get to know one another.
- Member-Led Initiatives. From Trinity Gives Back volunteering events to Trinity’s PhD Group and our subsidized sports teams, our goal is to give employees the opportunity to lead initiatives that bring team members together in common purpose.
- Benefits and Perks. From wellness programs and work flexibility to advanced degree sponsorship, we want team members to understand all the ways they can benefit from the experience of working at Trinity.