Evidence Strategy Senior Consultant (Medical Affairs)
The Evidence Strategy team is part of Trinity’s broader Evidence, Value, Access and Pricing (EVAP) group. Evidence Strategy provides strategic and tactical support to biotech, pharma, and medical device clients on many aspects of evidence planning, value creation and demonstration, and scientific communication through real-world health economics and outcomes research (HEOR).
Our team helps clients with holistic value propositions for innovative treatments, health economic models, literature reviews, primary research (with physicians, patients, and payers), secondary research (e.g., claims, EMR, registry, etc.), data analysis, medical and medical communication strategy, market shaping, medical education, field training/tools, scientific program management, stakeholder engagement (patients, providers and payers) and strategic publications (e.g., abstracts, posters, manuscripts, dossiers, etc.). We are currently expanding our existing Medical Affairs capabilities and welcome those who are interested in joining an energetic team in helping develop a new Center of Excellence from the ground up!
We partner with life sciences clients throughout cross-functional areas (e.g., commercial, clinical, medical affairs, market access, HEOR, etc.) to develop compelling evidence to drive product value, support strategic pricing, and improve patient outcomes through better market access.
We are seeking professionals to join our rapidly growing Medical Affairs team who can work in a multidisciplinary environment, demonstrate expertise in specific Medical Affairs concepts, have awareness of fundamental HEOR/Real World evidence methodologies, and pull through insights to broader EVAP strategy for both internal and external audiences. This individual will work with teams across evidence strategy (ES) primary market research, RWE, value, access, and pricing. Their work will involve developing strategic medical affairs deliverables ranging from strategic planning to more tactical publications that can be seamlessly applied and utilized as part of strategic access and pricing approaches to broader market dynamics in the US and in ex-US markets (e.g., early HTA advice, value assessment frameworks, value-based pricing, etc.).
At Trinity, Consultants are an integral part of two or more project teams at a time, comprised of staff, management, and leadership team members. Consultants will have exposure to a wide variety of strategic business issues, as well as the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge of the life sciences industry, ranging from small biotech to large pharma.
Consultants develop their skills through extensive formal and informal training, as well as receiving mentorship that encourages them to stretch their analytical, leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Work on important and exciting cross-functional projects in our Medical Affairs Center of Excellence (COE) in close coordination with our Evidence Strategy team and EVAP broadly including:
- Develop the key elements of Medical strategy for an asset / program, including evidence generation plans (EGPs), external expert outreach and medical education / value communication elements.
- Design / manage / conduct real-world evidence generation studies
- Develop high quality medical education/scientific presentations for a variety of stakeholders (providers, payers and patients)
- Develop value communication tools for use in the field
- Support client field team training e.g., MSLs, provide scientific content for field-HEOR, NAMs, etc.
- Provide medical education for payer/access and commercial teams
- Create scientific platforms including data collection
- Conduct Congress planning to include speaker materials and training
- Support Ad hoc activities for medical education/communication
- Support stakeholder engagement planning
- Perform Medical writing (peer-reviewed publications, technical medical writing, abstracts/posters and GVDs)
- Develop / guide the development of Strategic value publications
- Interpret, analyze, and synthesize clinical, scientific, and business data and research, and present findings to project teams and clients
- Create high-quality, strategically aligned deliverables in collaboration with project teams to support the client’s needs
- Develop and refine presentation skills for both internal and external presentations
Education: Ideal candidate will be an MD/PhD with several years of relevant experience in Medical Affairs either with industry or on the supplier side. Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics or Life Sciences and or a Master’s Degree / Advanced degree (e.g., MPH, MD, PhD) with a life science focus, ideally in HEOR and Medical Affairs related topics (Economics, Medical Communications/Writing, Public Health, Health Care, or Health Services) preferred
Work Experience: 2+ years of experience in consulting or other relevant areas within the life sciences industry, and/or relevant internship, professional experience in the areas of medical affairs, medical communications and medical writing
- Experience with the following project types: medical strategy development / KPIs, value proposition development and refinement, EGPs, development of health economic/market access models or field tools, literature reviews, primary / secondary research (patient/HCP surveys, RWE/Claims, etc.), publications / publication quality studies, training / medical education with Physicians, MSLs, payers etc.
- Desire and ability to work seamlessly in an entrepreneurial, multidisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint