Senior Business Intelligence Developer
Trinity Life Sciences is seeking a Senior Business Intelligence (“BI”) Developer in the life sciences industry to design, develop, and implement reporting solutions for a growing client base.
This candidate must be an experienced BI developer who is also able to manage requirements gathering and client interactions along with being proficient in common BI tools like QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau and Power BI. The candidate will be expected to work closely with Master Data Management, Data Warehouse, and Sales Operations teams to ensure overall project success. Although this person will have support and direction from the leadership team, they will be part of a virtual team and must be capable of being self-directed.
The candidate will also assist with the development of the BI strategy and will be required to mentor other BI team members to help standardize work processes. The ideal candidate has tactical experience with data warehouse implementations and master data management practices along with pharmaceutical/life sciences experience.
- Design, build, and test BI solutions, with experience in one or more of QlikView, Qlik Sense, Tableau, Power BI.
- Plan processes and develop dashboard templates to facilitate rapid deployment to clients.
- Prioritize and respond to ad hoc requests from clients and internal teams while managing project workloads.
- Interact and communicate directly with clients to provide guidance and expertise to their BI needs.
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshooting of MS SQL SSMS, Windows Server, and BI server/management applications with support from other internal team members.
- Work with the data team to maintain changes to data structures, schema and documentation associated with the BI applications and data models across tools.
- Provides mentorship and support of co-workers and peers.
- Occasional travel to client sites with other team members (~25 %)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- BS/BA degree plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in BI.
- Expert in one or more of the following tools: Qlik (View and/or Sense), Tableau, Power BI
- Intermediate SQL knowledge/querying data from databases.
- Strong BI design skills including a vast understanding of relational database models.
- Experience in the Life sciences/Pharmaceutical industry including working with pharmaceutical company data sources (i.e. prescription data, chargebacks, contract management, health care professionals, EDI 867, etc.).
- Proven ability to troubleshoot, analyze and find creative solutions to problems.
- Ability to manage and execute a BI focused development project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Microsoft Project, etc.).
The following qualifications are a plus:
- Certifications in one or more BI tools (Qlik/Tableau/PowerBI) and experience with other business intelligence tools.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical customer master data management.
- Experience with implementing Web based BI Solutions (Web Mashups/BI Embedding).
- Prior experience working remotely.
- Commercial Sales Operations experience.