As a member of the Leadership Team, the Launch Excellence (LEx) Principal fulfills a key management role at Trinity. This individual will work as an engagement leader on client projects, a strategic leader on talent/staff management, and an intellectual leader for further expanding the firm’s and LEx team’s capabilities and opportunities.
More specifically, this Leader will be a key business partner to our clients by:
- Leading teams responsible for planning and program management of critical launch activities.
- Serving as a key business partner to Launch Strategy & Planning Leadership teams, brand/launch leads and commercial project management teams.
- Overseeing strategy, planning, management, and cross-functional discussion, alignment, and execution, which yield launch deliverables required to support new product launches.
- Continuing to identify business opportunities in the launch excellence space.
- Serve as the leadership level contact to lead discussions, oversee all presentations, and ensure thorough project implementations and quality deliveries.
- Develop and grow business through lead and revenue generation, expansion of team and furthering team capabilities.
- Source additional business by both effectively managing existing accounts/clients and securing new accounts/clients.
- Meet revenue goals individually and through managing project team revenues.
- Proactively engage staff in business development opportunities as appropriate to assist with and facilitate their growth.
- Be viewed by the client as Trinity’s expert resource and demonstrate external thought-partner relationship development capability with multiple clients.
Company Management / Leadership
- Support senior management as an innovative thought-leader with self-initiative and commitment to the firm’s success.
- Oversee budgets, exceed revenue goals, and maintain expenses to ensure appropriate pricing and budget control.
- Serve as the subject-matter expert for launch strategy, planning, and management across variety of global biotech and pharma companies, both internally and externally.
- Lead internal and external initiatives that further the firm’s status and capabilities.
Staff Development / Mentorship
- Be accountable for overall progression of staff, with particular focus on development of future management team
- Lead and manage assigned teams, ensuring excellence in client deliverables and staff progression.
- Proactively identify development opportunities for staff and supervisors, provide related guidance, and facilitate their success.
- Be a mentor and guide staff and supervisors on professional growth.
- Oversee staff and supervisor training, identifying needs and facilitating opportunities.
- Identify key contributors and high potential employees to ensure their retention in support of company’s low turnover objectives.
- Oversee the successful delivery of client projects, guiding teams and taking ownership of the deliverables.
- Set strategic direction for project activities, guiding supervisors on daily tasks and resource allocation.
- Be an exemplary role model for producing quality results, ensuring high work ethics, professionalism and encouraging teamwork.
Education: MBA with a demonstrated interest in the life science field.
Work Experience: 10+ years of experience in consulting with a strong preference of experience working within the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device industry[KP2] [KP3]
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Direct experience with complex commercialization/launch readiness, cross-functional expertise, and program management
- Advanced project-management skills
- Demonstrated success with client development
- Successful team management and staff development
- Above average proficiency in MSOffice Suite and other consulting-related software
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal relations skills
- Desire and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently in a multi-task environment
It is our mission to make sure life sciences companies have all the data and insights they need to make decisions, ensuring life changing and lifesaving treatments are successful. With our 25-year history of offering evidence-based solutions and our commitment to a greater purpose, we are the premier strategic partner in the life sciences industry.
Since the beginning in 1996, we have been evidence-forward in all our analyses and recommendations, focused on quality and accuracy first and foremost. Today, having leveraged our thoughtful approach and dedication into a global organization, we have the client footprint, deep experience, and technology solutions to have a powerful impact on our clients’ business, and the industry. Trinity’s approach is focused on our foundation of three: advisory services, insights & analytics, and technology. By seamlessly integrating each of these solutions, we meet the distinct needs of both emerging biotech firms and established pharmaceutical companies.