A division of Trinity Life Sciences and founded in 2003 under the simple mantra of “How do other pharmaceutical companies do ‘it’?” ™, TGaS® Advisors is a fast-growing management advisory firm that focuses on providing comprehensive commercial benchmarking and advisory solutions to the biopharmaceutical commercial operations areas of Sales, Marketing, and Market Access. TGaS utilizes its proprietary Pharmastance® benchmarking methodology to provide strategic and tactical advice to pharmaceutical professionals concerning important business decisions and operations. TGaS also has several additional fact-based advice solutions which Clients utilize in making decisions. TGaS has been able to rapidly carve out a unique position in the market for its advisory services while creating a breadth and depth to the solutions it markets to the Pharmaceutical Industry. TGaS is currently run by an experienced senior leadership team, each with 20 + years of biopharmaceutical industry experience.
TGaS has grown from a single Sales Operations benchmarking solution in 2004 to fourteen solutions in 2023, increasing the visibility of the firm among senior management in the biopharmaceutical industry. The company has received awards for its growth from the Inc 500 Magazine, Philly Fast 100, and other journals. TGaS continues to grow and attributes that growth to innovation and execution excellence.
Background to the Opportunity & Solution Overview
TGaS has been able to achieve its success by delivering innovative solutions to pharmaceutical commercial operations. Critical to that innovation is the ability to selectively bring in talented and seasoned professionals to share leadership of the growing business. The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter who looks forward to the challenge of thriving in a company with a high degree of esprit de corps.
In just a few years, TGaS has helped over 30 of the top 50 biopharmaceutical companies in the world as well as 40+ emerging life sciences companies. As the biopharmaceutical industry continues to go through a period of rapid change and evolution, TGaS’ Solutions are in increasing demand. TGaS’ clients are dealing with strategic issues such as:
- What is the right size, structure and mix of Market Access groups (e.g., Account Management, MM Marketing, Trade and Contracting?
- Evolution of customer types/structures (driven by health care reforms). Impact on biopharma companies?
- Increased demands to demonstrate clinical and economic evidence in support of differentiation from existing agents.
- What are the optimal resource levels for Market Access groups?
- How are clients managing their operations and deploying resources given the current focus on compliance (i.e., MSLs, HEOR, FRMs, rebates, etc.)?
The TGAS Market Access Practice (MAP) focuses on key functions of Market Access departments and is designed to assist with Standards, Process, Design, Delivery and Evaluation. The critical functions included in the Market Access Practice ecosystem are:
- Account Management (Payer AEs and Organized Provider KAMs)
- Managed Care Marketing (Value & Access)
- Trade/Channel & Distribution (Operations and Account Facing Teams)
- GPO and Specialty Pharmacy
The Access and Customer Engagement (ACE) solution (one of 3 solutions comprising MAP) helps biopharmaceutical companies navigate in a challenging and ever-changing environment. TGaS Advisors provides a comprehensive method for optimizing the market access functions. The customized peer set based benchmark will assist clients to:
- How are customer facing payer and organized provider teams evolving their go-to-market approach in response to market dynamics (consolidations, integrations, policies, and legislation?)
- What are the best practices in developing and deploying IDN-focused account teams?
- How do customer-facing teams operate effectively within the matrix (account teams, sales, HEOR, Medical)?
- How have capabilities and skillsets adapted to meet these needs of the changing marketplace
- How does organizational design play a key role in implementation of successful Market Access Strategies
The ideal candidate will be capable of supporting TGaS clients in answering these questions with relevant facts and insights. This approach includes identifying available strategic opportunities, optimizing operations strategies, improving productivity and performance, and building and integrating new capabilities into the Market Access functions. The nature of TGaS’ business requires individuals with significant experience in the functions we benchmark.
- Further refine and evolve TGaS Access & Customer Engagement market access practice service offerings.
- Establish and grow strong client relationships to achieve business development goals.
- Ability to lead assessment of client access teams’ capabilities, skills development, and cross-collaboration to develop and maintain high-performing teams.
- Ability to synthesize findings, develop recommendations and communicate results to clients and internal teams.
- Biopharmaceutical experience with all aspects of the market access organizational approaches and remit commercial customers.
- Provide market insights by leveraging in-depth knowledge of market access (Payer, IDN, Trade) landscape, policy and legislative implications of market access capabilities and customer engagement models.
- Monitor relevant market trends to inform client deliverables.
- Participate as “lead” in ACE benchmarks and benchmark-based custom projects, including in-depth interviews with functional leaders, executives, and stakeholders.
- Capture quantitative and qualitative client information for input into TGaS’ knowledgebase for analysis.
- Prepare custom benchmark engagement reports identifying key actions and insights that support client’s objectives, organizational goals, and customer engagement approaches, compared to high performing peers.
- Assess emerging trends, identify key themes that will continuously evolve and enhance solution capabilities to remain proactive and incorporate insights into benchmarks and custom projects.
- Ability to create insightful landscapes and custom projects beyond benchmark capabilities.
- Participate in the development & execution of Strategy and Business Planning sessions with clients to drive the value of the benchmark results into their processes and results.
- Assume primary accountability for projects assigned.
- Be a catalyst to development and implementation of enhancements and new capabilities to existing solution(s) consistent with TGaS’ core business model.
- Actively identify/participate in development of new programs and services for our clients based upon market needs.
- Accurate and timely follow-up for any elements of engagements
- External – manage clients membership accounts and identify opportunities for upsell/organic growth.
- Internal – work required to execute the benchmarking methodology.
- Actively engage in the business development process, identifying opportunities, new opportunities as well as engage/upsell with current clients where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for outreach to client network to answer key questions for membership clients under the position accountability. Ensure client needs are met.
- Proactive outreach: monthly/quarterly with key leadership (1st line functional leadership) on trends, key topics providing services appropriate for customer satisfaction.
- Create and identify opportunities for surveys (VHOWs) that meet client expectations.
- Advisory Services are the primary service that the membership provides, demonstrating subject matter expertise, providing insights, recommendations and perspectives on key topics and initiatives within the functional purview of ACE.
- Identify/develop topics for summits that meet the needs of the broad network.
The ideal candidate will be a managed care professional with experience in many/most of the Market Access functional areas in a biopharmaceutical company. Vendor/consultant experience is preferred (7+ years minimum) with overall experience of 10+ years. The candidate must possess credible experience to demonstrate sound understanding of the Market Access/ACE functional areas’ roles. In addition, the candidate will have a proven track record of career advancement, staff and program management, as well as the ability to be a strategic thinker. The position requires a self-driven individual capable of developing and maintaining relationships for continuous client engagement.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in a Market Access dept, Payer/IDN account management, Market Access Marketing, Trade and Distribution) in a large/mid-tier biopharmaceutical company.
- Experience in development of Market Access’ strategies, budget management, metrics, data sources and analytics
- A documented track record of developing and managing effective relationships with internal stakeholders and/or clients.
- Experience translating commercial objectives, strategies and tactics into Market Access strategies, plans, operations, and measurable results.
- A bachelor’s degree is required: an advanced degree is preferred.
- Comfort working at the highest levels of client organizations, interacting closely with top executives and business unit leaders.
- A documented history of team orientation and collaborative approach in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strategic agility, ability to align and customize projects to meet customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills: group presentations, verbal and writing abilities.
- High integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom he/she will work.
- Change management / process analysis skills.
The following traits and characteristics are provided for additional insights to working at TGaS.
- Client Passion – TGaS does not exist without its clients. Therefore, making a client smile, causing them to ‘wonder’, or simply having them be impressed by our insights are our collective passion.
- Ownership – TGaS associates need to be responsible for their work efforts, as there are rarely ‘layers’ of people and elaborate processes between you and the Client. As such, associates need to have a strong sense of owning what you produce and being accountable for it.
- Self-Starter – TGaS does not operate in a highly regimented office environment. Associates are expected to bring the mindset of a “business-owner”, and in that have the discipline to initiate tasks with Clients and Associates on their own.
- Highly Organized & Reliable – Associates who are organized and pay attention to details will invariably fit-in at TGaS and delight Clients. With the degree of multi-tasking required, only an associate who is highly organized will be able to provide value to Clients and be reliable to other associates.
- Multi-tasking – Having the ability to “change-gears” daily between solutions and Clients is critical. Ability to prioritize across multiple deadlines in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.
- Work Ethic – TGaS is not a 9 to 5 job. That said, it is not a ‘sweat shop’, but is an intense position best suited for driven people.
- Being Authentic – Being honest and direct is critical. TGaS will advance by providing Clients and associates honest feedback in a professional manner.
- Learning – A passion for learning and expanding your knowledge. An associate should enjoy learning and gaining an understanding of how a variety of Clients strategically and tactically manage their businesses.
Trinity Life Sciences is a trusted strategic commercialization partner, providing evidence-based solutions for the life sciences. With 25 years of experience, Trinity is committed to revolutionizing the commercial model by providing exceptional levels of service, powerful tools and data-driven insights. Trinity’s range of products and solutions includes industry-leading benchmarking solutions, powered by TGaS Advisors. To learn more about how Trinity is elevating life sciences and driving evidence to action, visit trinitylifesciences.com.
Trinity’s salary bands account for a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets and market demand for skills; level of experience and training; specific qualifications, performance, time in role/company, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $194,000 – $239,000.
In addition to your base salary, you will also be eligible for an annual discretionary performance bonus.
Trinity’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Trinity Life Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Trinity is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and to providing employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trinity are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, family, parental, or veteran status, and/or any other status based on identity or that is protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trinity will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment and encourages applicants of all ages and identities.
For more information about Trinity’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, you can visit our website.