TGaS® Advisors is a management advisory firm focused on providing comprehensive benchmarking and advisory solutions to commercial operations leaders across the bio-pharmaceutical industry, including Commercial Insights. TGaS clients are across the spectrum of large (top 35), mid-sized, and emerging life sciences organizations. TGaS® Advisors projects and services help inform our clients’ commercial structures, operating practices, resource planning and capabilities development. The Executive Director/Director, Commercial Insights position will report into the Vice President, Commercial Insights & Advanced Analytics Solutions and will serve as the leader of the Commercial Insights solution.
Background for The Opportunity
TGaS has been able to achieve its success by delivering innovative solutions to pharmaceutical commercial organizations. Critical to that innovation is the ability to selectively bring in talented and seasoned professionals to share in the leadership of our growing business. The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter who looks forward to the challenge of working in a dynamic company environment with a high degree of esprit de corps.
As the pharmaceutical industry continues to go through a period of rapid change and evolution TGaS Solution services are in increasing demand. TGaS’ clients are dealing with strategic issues such as:
What are the new commercialization industry trends and how does that impact the future of Commercial Insights for pharmaceutical companies?
- What are current typical and best practices for Commercial Insights functions?
- How are clients improving and innovating their Commercial Insights capabilities? How does their Commercial Insights capabilities rate versus their peers and what gaps do companies have?
- How do the size, structure and remits of Commercial Insights departments compare to other companies in the industry?
- How do our investments in Commercial Insights functions compare to others?
The ideal candidate will be capable of supporting TGaS clients in answering these questions through prior consulting and/or industry experience in pharmaceutical Commercial Insights roles.
The Commercial Insights solution addresses and informs clients’ core insights and analytics decisions: strategy, resources, processes, organizational structure, responsibilities, talent management, vendor management, and capabilities. The core functional areas of focus in the Commercial Insights solution include the following:
- Primary Marketing Research
- Secondary Data Performance Analyses & Reporting
- Competitive Intelligence
This position includes both managerial and hands-on responsibilities:
Commercial Insights Practice Lead & Product Development (50%)
- Serves as “Face of Solution” for client accounts
- Overall P&L responsibility for the Solution.
- Sell and generate new business with existing and new clients to meet annual revenue goals.
- Work with the Commercial Insights & Advanced Analytics leader and team, and other TGaS practices, to evolve and innovate services & offerings that will generate new revenue.
- Manage direct reports and others (Directors, Engagement managers, analysts) through a matrix reporting relationship.
- Be fully accountable for the service quality levels across Commercial Insights clients.
- Generate thought leadership that can be used in “value-forward selling,” white papers, and PR.
- Continue solution development; identify unmet market needs and spearhead the development of new solutions or enhance existing solutions consistent with TGaS’ business strategy.
- Evolve new deliverable formats to increase the value TGaS brings to the network and to individual clients.
Client Benchmark Engagements and Related Projects (25%)
- Lead and have final delivery accountability for Commercial Insights Benchmarks and Projects, including in-depth interviews with senior leadership, executives and stakeholders. Capture quantitative and qualitative client information for input into TGaS’ database for analyses.
Advisory Services (25%)
- Ensure TGaS provides optimal value to clients from contracted Advisory Services: Landscape surveys and projects, Client Summits, Peer Connects and ad hoc questions.
- Proactively produce a timely and valuable flow of client deliverables through the advisory services process, in coordination with the TGaS Analytics & Operations teams.
- Design, develop content for, facilitate and conduct appropriate follow-up activities for semi-annual client summits and periodic network peer connects.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10 – 15 years experience directing some or all of the Commercial Insights functions in a large or mid-tier pharmaceutical company, or emerging life sciences organization, or in a pharmaceutical commercial analytics consulting firms
- Excellent communication skills, including preparing and delivering formal presentations at the highest levels of client organizations, verbal and writing skills
- A track record of developing and managing effective relationships with internal stakeholders and/or clients
- A history of a team orientation and collaborative approach
- Experience in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment is preferred
- High integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom he/she will work
- Continuous client engagement. Prior experience as a consultant or in roles of a consultative capacity are important.
- An ability to consult, problem-solve, work autonomously, and to organize complex information into clear actionable recommendations that improve (client) business results
The following traits and characteristics are provided for additional insight into working at TGaS.
TGaS professionals are:
- Passionate about Meeting Client Needs and Achieving Excellence – Associates will provide clients and other associates with well thought-out, complete work efforts, developed to the highest standards. Delighting clients is key to on-going success and growth.
- Responsible – TGaS associates is a flat organization and associates need to have a strong sense of owning what they produce .
- Self Starting, Entrepreneurial – Associates are expected to bring the mindset of a business owner and have the discipline to initiate tasks with Clients and Associates on their own.
- Organized & Reliable – Ability to multi-task between client delivery, solution planning, business development, and managing/coaching.
- Authentic – Being honest and direct is critical. TGaS will advance by providing Clients and associates honest feedback in a professional manner.
- Life Long Learners – TGaS professionals have a passion for learning and expanding their knowledge, skills and talents. They especially enjoy learning how a variety of clients strategically and tactically manage their businesses and using this learning to benefit clients.
Trinity Life Sciences is a trusted strategic commercialization partner, providing evidence-based solutions for the life sciences. With 25 years of experience, Trinity is committed to solving clients’ most challenging problems through exceptional levels of service, powerful tools and data-driven insights.
Trinity’s range of products and solutions includes industry-leading benchmarking solutions, powered by TGaS Advisors. With over 1,000 global employees, Trinity is headquartered just outside Boston, MA, with offices in New York, NY; Princeton, NJ; East Norriton, PA; San Francisco, CA; Toronto, Canada; London, England; Munich, Germany; Gurgaon, Bengaluru and Chennai, India. Trinity has been named as one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces of 2022. Trinity is an EEO organization.