Trinity Life Sciences is expanding its commercial team to build on its impressive growth. The Company is looking for a highly motivated, team-oriented Events Manager with an eye for detail and obsession for organization. The Events Manager will oversee and organize critical client and internal events as well as organize and manage the conference and trade show schedule. The ideal candidate will ensure events have clear objectives and goals, stay on time and on budget, and can prove success with accurate, after-event reporting. Our Events Manager candidate should understand the marketing promotion techniques necessary to support an event. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic with both fresh ideas and the expertise and background to understand best practices of managing an event.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Events Manager will be responsible for planning, marketing, managing, and measuring the TGaS Summits, a twice a year in-person, 300+ person conference that is critical to the business. The Events Manager will also organize and run the budget for trade shows, conferences, and speaking opportunities with a focus on ensuring ROI. The role will also lead the coordination, organization, and management of important internal meetings and events.
Preference for this position is to be based out of our Waltham, MA office; may be open to Remote.
- Plan events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Promote ideas to enhance event success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Keep up to date on the latest event management trends and offerings including the state-of-the-art ways to promote and market an event
- Manage and order branded promotional items/swag for external and internal events; identify vendors to partner with
- Analyze the event’s success/ROI and prepare reports
Events Manager Requirements:
- Excellent contract negotiation skills – candidates will need to demonstrate how they have worked with large hotel/event organizations in the past
- A degree in PR, marketing, hospitality management or related field is preferred – certified meeting professionals a plus
- At least five years of work experience as a meeting planner or events manager
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and outstanding problem-solving skills
- Excellent content creation and writing skills
- Fantastic time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with CVENT a plus
- Knowledge of KPIs and marketing techniques for event management
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Outstanding communications skills with a customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- Ability to travel to events once travel restrictions are lifted
Trinity Life Sciences is a trusted strategic partner, providing evidence-based solutions for the life sciences. With 25 years of experience, we are committed to solving our clients’ most challenging problems through exceptional levels of service, powerful tools, and data-driven insights.
Trinity’s range of products and services includes industry-leading benchmarking solutions, powered by TGaS. To learn more about how we are elevating life sciences and driving from evidence to action, visit trinitylifesciences.com.