The Evidence Strategy team is part of Trinity’s broader Evidence, Value, Access and Pricing (EVAP) group. Evidence Strategy provides strategic and tactical support to biotech, pharma, and medical device clients on many aspects of evidence planning, value creation and demonstration, and scientific communication through real-world health economics and outcomes research (HEOR).
Our team helps clients with holistic value propositions for innovative treatments, health economic models, literature reviews, primary research (with physicians, patients, and payers), secondary research (e.g., claims, EMR, registry, etc.), data analysis, medical and medical communication strategy, market shaping, medical education, field training/tools, scientific program management, stakeholder engagement (patients, providers and payers) and strategic publications (e.g., abstracts, posters, manuscripts, dossiers, etc.). We are currently expanding our existing Medical Affairs capabilities and welcome those who are interested in joining an energetic team in helping develop a new Center of Excellence from the ground up!
We partner with life sciences clients throughout cross-functional areas (e.g., commercial, clinical, medical affairs, market access, HEOR, etc.) to develop compelling evidence to drive product value, support strategic pricing, and improve patient outcomes through better market access.
We are seeking professionals to join our rapidly growing Medical Affairs team who can work in a multidisciplinary environment, demonstrate expertise in specific Medical Affairs concepts, have awareness of fundamental HEOR/Real World evidence methodologies, and pull through insights to broader EVAP strategy for both internal and external audiences. This individual will lead individuals and teams across evidence strategy (ES) primary market research, RWE, value, access, and pricing. Their work will involve guiding the development of strategic medical affairs deliverables ranging from strategic planning to more tactical publications that can be seamlessly applied and utilized as part of strategic access and pricing approaches to broader market dynamics in the US and in ex-US markets (e.g., early HTA advice, value assessment frameworks, value-based pricing, etc.).
At Trinity, Engagement Managers (EMs)/Associate Principals (APs) have unique opportunities to manage daily client interactions with full oversight over multiple project teams – client management, project management, employee management, budget/financial management, and more. In addition, EMs/APs within the Evidence Strategy team contribute to new business development by working with Leadership Team members to build and maintain client relationships at existing and new accounts.
EMs/APs also help develop internal best practices and provide mentorship to junior employees across multiple teams. With exposure to a wide variety of evidence strategy business issues within the global life sciences industry, this position offers qualified candidates the opportunity to take on immediately challenging and rewarding roles.
- Lead important and exciting cross-functional projects in our Medical Affairs Center of Excellence (COE) in close coordination with our Evidence Strategy team and EVAP broadly including:
- Develop the Medical strategy for an asset / program by weaving together the evidence generation, external expert outreach, stakeholder engagement, medical education and value communication components, and communicate this cohesive strategy to clients.
- Design / manage / conduct real-world evidence generation studies
- Direct the development of payer and access related engagement and accompanying communication strategy
- Lead the development of high-quality medical education/scientific presentations for a variety of stakeholders (providers, payers and patients)
- Guide the development value communication tools for use in the field
- Direct team in the support of client field team training e.g., MSLs, provide scientific content for field-HEOR, NAMs, etc.
- Create scientific platforms including high-level vision and ensuring that client objectives are fulfilled
- Direct Congress planning to include speaker materials and training
- Guide the support Ad hoc activities for medical education/communication
- Lead stakeholder engagement planning
- Direct team of Medical writers (peer-reviewed publications, technical medical writing, abstracts/posters and GVDs)
- Guide the development of Strategic value publications
- Direct team of consultants/senior consultants on the interpretation, analysis, and synthesis of clinical, scientific, and business data and research, and present findings to senior leadership and clients
- Lead the creation of high-quality, strategically aligned deliverables in collaboration with project teams to support the client’s needs
- Lead all phases of projects and analyses, including project oversight, analysis and presentation development, staff assignments, and coordination of tasks, etc.
- Bring in their own client relationships and book of business, and / or help develop Trinity’s existing book of business
- Manage client relationships/build trust with clients and serve as their point of contact including needs that may be addressed by other Trinity services including HEOR, access and pricing) collectively the EVAP team + Trinity as a whole
- Liaise with leadership and project teams to ensure project outputs include strategically sound and actionable recommendations and answers to client business questions
- Generates and presents client-ready materials, including research materials, interim deliverables, and final project reports
- Supports business development through identification of follow-up project opportunities and creation of project proposals, including ability to design project methodology, timeline, and budget
- Manage, mentor, and develop assigned staff
- Serve as a point of contact on Evidence Strategy related inquiries by internal and external parties
- Promote Evidence Strategy expertise internally, working seamlessly across EVAP, as well as broadly across the entire Trinity organization
Education: Ideal candidate will be an MD/PhD with several years of relevant experience in Medical Affairs either with industry or on the supplier side. Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmaceutics or Life Sciences and or a Master’s Degree / Advanced degree (e.g., MPH, MD, PhD) with a life science focus, ideally in HEOR and Medical Affairs related topics (Economics, Medical Communications/Writing, Public Health, Health Care, or Health Services) preferred
Work Experience: 5+ years of HEOR experience in a consulting or life sciences industry. At least 3 years of project, people, and client management experience preferred
- Experience with the following project types: medical strategy development, value proposition development and refinement, development of health economic/market access models or field tools, literature reviews, primary / secondary research (patient/HCP surveys, RWE/Claims, etc.), publications / publication quality studies, training / medical education with Physicians, MSLs, payers, etc.
- Desire and ability to work seamlessly in an entrepreneurial, multidisciplinary, fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm for working collaboratively in a dynamic, team-based environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint