The Director of Client Development is responsible for driving new business growth at emerging, pre-commercial pharma accounts, and the management of Trinity’s BD and account management under the direction of SVP, Client Development. In this role, the Director will drive new revenue growth at key clients specifically for tech enabled solutions. The Director is expected to represent the value proposition of Trinity to internal stakeholders, external clients and prospects to expand awareness of TRINITY to dive larger, longer term engagements with our key life sciences customers.
Business Development/Emerging/Pre-Commercial Pharma Focus:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for TRINITY with key account prospects to drive growth and revenues, and to open up new accounts
- To partner with the Leadership team to pursue targeted white space at existing accounts
- Manage and track BD pipeline, including use of SFDC for tracking metrics and outreach
- Formulate and enhance plans of action for lead sharing and follow-up with the Account Leads for accounts
- Generate leads, meetings, capabilities presentations, RFPs and new business opportunities for the full suite of TRINITY services
- Attend BD conferences and network with industry colleagues to expand awareness of TRINITY. Act as the steward of the BD process and lead key activities including: development of discussion documents and backgrounders, creation of proposals, identifying and organizing project teams from across TRINITY, participating in introductory meetings and pitches and helping to close business
Lead Through TRINITY Vision
– Promote TRINITY’s mission, vision and values through communication and example
– Assist in developing and implementing new ideas that build business success and expand our client relationships
– Actively participate in internal improvement initiatives to enhance TRINITY’s capabilities in structuring and packaging services, developing methodologies, building new services
Lead Through Motivation
– Rapidly develop positive and effective working relationships with TRINITY team members, demonstrating the ability to motivate teammates to work collaboratively toward common goals.
– Participate actively, consistently, and with a visibly positive attitude in all firm events and client interactions.
– Be a positive role model for TRINITY team members.
Lead Through Confidence and Credibility
– Demonstrate self-confidence and credibility within TRINITY and with external contacts
– Demonstrate knowledge, competence, and expertise in areas that support the full TRINTY value proposition
– Be self-assured but not arrogant or abrasive in internal and external interactions
– Consistently demonstrate a professional appearance and demeanor
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, analytics, technology or related field required
- Minimum of 5-10 years experience in data analytics/ technology solutions sales, preferably in organizations that serve the life sciences industry.
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical and biotech industry, its key functions, and how they operate
- Ability to think strategically and support tactical implementation; ability to conduct analyses with key data sources for profiling key accounts, and monitoring industry trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills/creative and writing skills a plus
- Excellent organizational skills; self-starter who can push projects forward independently and collaboratively
- Proven ability to interact positively and effectively with a wide range of personality types
- Desire to innovate and build a new team at TRINITY
TRINITY is a trusted strategic partner, providing evidence-based solutions for the life sciences. With over 20 years of experience, we are committed to solving our clients’ most challenging problems through exceptional levels of service, powerful tools, and data-driven insights.