TGaS has been able to achieve its’ success by delivering innovative solutions to pharmaceutical commercial operations. Critical to that innovation is the ability to selectively bring in talented and seasoned professionals to share in growing the business. As the Pharmaceutical Industry continues to rapidly evolve, TGaS Solutions are in increasing demand. TGaS’s Clients are dealing with strategic issues such as:
- What are the right size, structure and mix of Field Operations groups?
- What are the optimal capabilities for Field Operations supporting changing and dynamic needs?
- What is the right strategy for in sourcing and outsourcing Field operations functions?
- How does Field Operation manage their operations, given the current focus on compliance?
Focused key operations functions, the TGaS Sales Advisory Practice is designed to assist Field Operations Departments with their Standards, Process, Design, Delivery, Evaluation and Evolution. Functions included in our Field Operations ecosystem:
- Field Operations Management (Business Alignment, Talent Management)
- CRM/Field Technology
- Field Reporting
- Sales Analysis
- Field Deployment (Targeting, Call Planning, Alignment, Size & Structure)
- Field Communications
- Sample Operations
The Field Operations Solution helps pharmaceutical companies navigate in a challenging and ever changing environment. TGaS provides a comprehensive method for optimizing the sales operations function. It will assist clients to:
- Benchmark resources (headcount & spend)
- Define department standards pertaining to Roles, Responsibilities, and Development
- Identify key process standards such as customer call plan processing, Data Warehouse processing, SFA schedules and processes
- Provide capabilities analysis and comparison for each area in the Field operations benchmark
- Provide appropriate gap analysis observations, implications and prioritized action recommendations
In the ideal working relationship with a client, TGaS provides ongoing advisory support as clients evaluate ongoing strategic and tactical decisions. The Company offers a unique set of services to assist clients beyond the engagement-based benchmark. Added services include Client Summits, Industry Landscapes, Virtual-How’s, Business Plans, Strategy Maps, Organization Alignment 360 as well as other value added services for clients.
Director, Management Advisor Responsibilities
Client Benchmark Engagements and Related Projects (50%)
- Participate in Field Operations Benchmarks and Projects at Client sites, including in-depth interviews with functional leaders, executives and stakeholders.
- Capture quantitative and qualitative client information for input into TGaS’ database for analysis.
- Prepare benchmark engagement reports summarizing client’s resources and capabilities relative to peer set companies and TGaS’ continuums of best practices.
- Incorporate new data and insights into the benchmark.
- Participate in execution of Strategy and Business Planning sessions with clients to drive the value of the benchmark results into their processes and results.
- Report to, take direction from, and establish synergistic relationship with Executive Director, FOPs
- Assume primary responsibility (at the appropriate time) for specific components of benchmarking engagements
- Assume primary responsibility (at the appropriate time) for leading engagements
- Accurate and timely follow-up for any elements of engagements
- External – with Clients
- Internal –to execute the benchmarking methodology
Advisory Services Lead (35%)
- Ensure TGaS provides optimal value to clients from contracted Advisory Services; Virtual-How Network surveys (VHNs), Client Summits, Urgent Support, Action Plans Support
- Proactively produce a seamless flow of client deliverables through the advisory services process, in coordination with the TGaS Analytics & Operations teams
- Be fully accountable for the service quality levels for field operations clients: create, maintain, and monitor the Advisory Service agreement.
- Support development and actively participate in two one day semi-annual client summits
- Improve and implement enhancements to the advisory services process and offerings
Product Development (15%)
- Actively participate in the product development process
- Maintain and document unmet client needs and enhancement ideas from benchmarks, advisory services and frequent client interactions
- Be a catalyst to develop and implementation enhancements to existing solutions consistent with TGaS’ core business model
- Capture key insights and data from the advisory services and review for implementation in the benchmark services
- Proactively model new outputs to increase the insights delivered to clients
Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned professional with experience in many/most of the field operations department functional areas in a large/mid- tier pharmaceutical company or vendor/consulting experience to field operations professionals The candidate must possess the credibility and experience to deeply understand the Field Operations roles/functions. In addition, the candidate will have a proven track record of career advancement as well as the ability to be a strategic thinker. The position will require a driven person to develop and maintain relationships for continuous client engagement (A builder and a Seller). They will also be a confident self-starter who looks forward to the challenge of thriving in a small company with a high degree of esprit de corps. They will be capable of supporting TGaS clients in answering their questions with relevant facts and insights. This approach includes identifying available strategic opportunities, optimizing operations strategies, improving productivity and performance, and building and integrating new capabilities into the field operations functions. The nature of TGaS’ business requires individuals with significant experience in the functions we benchmark, as well as, the desire, interest and capabilities to sell TGaS services to clients.
- Proven 8 to 10 years combined Pharma and vendor side experience supporting commercial leaders;
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful with attention to detail
- Strong consultative experience within the life sciences vendor space
- Knowledge of Field operations strategies, budget management, metrics
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Sales, Sales Management, Marketing a plus
- Documented track record of developing and managing effective relationships with internal stakeholders and/or clients
- Experience translating commercial objectives, strategies and tactics into field operations strategies, plans and operations with measurable results
- Bachelor’s degree is required: an advanced degree is strongly preferred
- Comfortable working at the highest levels within client organizations, interacting closely with top executives and business unit leaders
- Documented history of team orientation and collaborative approach, in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- High integrity and credibility, as perceived by all those with whom he/she will work
- Change management / process analysis skills
- Comfortable with Sales Force.com, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
TGaS Advisors is a benchmarking and advisory services firm. Founded in 2004, TGaS has successfully built a unique business supporting the needs of Commercial and Commercial Operations leaders in the pharma and bio-pharma space. TGaS leverages its proprietary data base, its expert associates and vast industry networks to provide practical fact based advice for our member clients. TGaS has been very successful supporting large pharma companies, generally referred to as “the top 35”
In 2015 TGaS launched the Emerging Life Sciences Network (elsN) to support pre-commercial and emerging life science companies. This new division leverages the data assets of TGaS in a lower touch, self-service, more economical model.