Trinity/TGaS has been able to achieve its success by delivering innovative solutions to pharmaceutical commercial operations. Critical to that innovation is the ability to selectively bring in talented and seasoned professionals to share leadership of the growing business. The ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter who looks forward to the challenge of growing an established consulting practice with a high degree of esprit de corps.
TGaS is currently working with the top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies in the world, including Merck, Janssen, Pfizer, Novartis, Sanofi and others. As the biopharmaceutical industry continues to go through a period of rapid change and evolution, TGaS’ Solutions are in increasing demand. TGaS’ Pricing & Contracting Clients are dealing with strategic issues such as:
- Which capabilities does the company need to enable to start commercial and government contracting?
- What are the right size, structure and mix of Pricing & Contracting groups (e.g. Proposal Development, Contract Administration, Government Pricing)?
- What are the optimal business processes systems used in Contract Management? How to optimize your business processes in the new technology solution?
- What are the existing gaps and opportunities for improvement in Pricing & Contracting space?
- How does the company’s existing capabilities compare to peers and industry best practices?
- How will upcoming government legislations impact the business and what is the course of actions to prepare (e.g. Inflation Reduction Act, 340B)?
- What are the optimal resource levels for Pricing & Contracting organizations?
The critical functions included in the Pricing & Contracting ecosystem are:
- Strategic Pricing & Contracting Strategy
- Proposal Development & Analytics
- Contract Administration
- Government Pricing Calculations & Compliance
The ideal candidate will be capable of supporting TGaS clients in answering these questions with relevant facts and insights. This approach includes identifying available strategic opportunities, optimizing operations strategies, improving productivity and performance, and building and integrating new capabilities into the Pricing & Contracting functions. The nature of TGaS’ business requires individuals with significant experience in the functions we optimize and benchmark.
- Reporting to the VP of Pricing, Contracting & Analytics (PCA), the incumbent will be responsible for business development, account management and insights generation aspects of the business.
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor and industry thought leader on Pricing & Contracting aspects with our extensive network of small-, mid- and large-tier biopharma companies.
- Assist / lead Benchmarking engagements and Special Projects, including in-depth interviews with functional leaders, executives and stakeholders and developing actionable recommendations/insights.
- Present industry best practices and latest trends to Pricing & Contracting leadership teams at webinars, summits, LT meetings and other client engagements.
- Act as a System Integration lead to assist clients with the Revenue Management Systems implementations (such as Model N, Vistex, etc.) and optimizing their contracting operations.
- Support Clients with membership obligations, such as conducting industry landscapes, providing urgent support, facilitating semi-annual invitation-only summits, etc.
- Analyze client information and TGaS Benchmarking database to come up with comprehensive recommendations that address customer needs and “tell” a cohesive story.
- Prepare benchmark engagement deliverables, summarizing improvement opportunities for client’s organizational structure, resources, roles & responsibilities, business processes, capabilities and systems relative to peer-set companies and TGaS’ continuums of best practices.
- Participate in Strategy and Business Planning sessions with clients to drive the value of the benchmark results into their processes.
- Build strong partnership with Clients and establish synergistic relationship with TGaS Directors and Practice Principal(s).
- Be a catalyst to development and implementation of enhancements to existing solutions consistent with TGaS’ core business model.
- Actively participate in development of new programs and services for our clients based upon market need.
- Actively engage in the sales process, identifying opportunities to engage/upsell where appropriate.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in Pricing & Contracting (contract development and operations) in biopharmaceutical company.
- Sound understanding of the Pricing & Contracting functional areas’ roles & responsibilities.
- Familiarity with contracting strategies for key biopharmaceutical channels, such as Payers/PBMs, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, GPOs, wholesalers, etc.
- Understanding of the typical Contract Management systems used for contract development and administration (Model N, Vistex, etc.)
- A documented track record of developing and managing effective relationships with Clients and internal stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical skills, with ability to independently and critically examine research data.
- Experience with producing custom and syndicated market research studies/reports.
- Strategic thinking, ability to align and customize projects to meet customer needs.
- Excellent communication skills: group presentations, verbal and writing abilities.
- Consulting experience working directly with clients is a plus.
- Experience with integration of Contract Management Systems (Revenue Management, Contract Authoring, Deal Analytics, Gross-To-Net) is a plus.
- Experience with contract profitability evaluation is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required: an advanced degree is preferred.
Trinity Life Sciences is a trusted strategic commercialization partner, providing evidence-based solutions for the life sciences. With 25 years of experience, Trinity is committed to revolutionizing the commercial model by providing exceptional levels of service, powerful tools and data-driven insights. Trinity’s range of products and solutions includes industry-leading benchmarking solutions, powered by TGaS Advisors. To learn more about how Trinity is elevating life sciences and driving evidence to action, visit trinitylifesciences.com.
Trinity’s salary bands account for a wide range of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including but not limited to skill sets and market demand for skills; level of experience and training; specific qualifications, performance, time in role/company, geographic location, and other business and organizational needs. A reasonable estimate of the current range is $185,000 – $220,000.
In addition to your base salary, you will also be eligible for an annual discretionary performance bonus.
Trinity’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Trinity Life Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. Trinity is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion and to providing employees with a work environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Trinity are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, family, parental, or veteran status, and/or any other status based on identity or that is protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Trinity will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment and encourages applicants of all ages and identities.
For more information about Trinity’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, you can visit our website.