About TGaS Advisors
TGaS Advisors is a benchmarking and advisory services firm. Founded in 2004, TGaS has successfully built a unique business supporting the needs of Commercial Operations leaders in the bio-pharma industry. TGaS leverages its proprietary benchmarking database, subject-matter expert associates, and broad industry networks to provide practical, fact-based advice for our clients. Broadly, TGaS helps inform our pharma clients’ commercial operating structures and practices, resource planning, and capabilities development.
The Director, Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics position will report into the Vice President, Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics Solution and will serve in a client-facing and project management capacity.
This a critical, client-facing position responsible for executing and delivering contracted services; expanding the breadth and depth of value delivered to clients; engaging TGaS’ Operations team in delivery of the highest quality information and analyses; and broadening awareness of the company’s offerings across the bio-pharmaceutical industry.
The Director, Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics will perform three key responsibilities:
- Client Benchmark engagements and related projects
- Act as an Advisory Services lead
- Business Development / Opportunity Identification
Specifically, in the context of each of these three key responsibilities, the Director, Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics will:
Lead Client Benchmark Engagements and Related Projects:
· Lead Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics benchmarks and all projects, from project initiation to final delivery. This includes conducting in-depth interviews with functional leaders, executives, and stakeholders to ascertain available resources and existing capabilities.
· Capture / coordinate receipt of client-provided quantitative and qualitative information which commonly includes headcount, budgets, skills, operating practices, processes, supportive infrastructure, etc.
· Develop benchmark engagement reports summarizing client’s resources and capabilities relative to peer set companies and TGaS’ continuums of best practices, including recommendations to improve operational effectiveness/efficiencies to coincide with the client organizations’ current or evolving/future needs.
· Represent the Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics solution while working collaboratively and cross-functionally with other TGaS teams during client engagements spanning multiple TGaS solutions.
· Participate in or (where appropriate) lead value-added client engagements (e.g., strategy and business planning sessions or workshops) which help to drive the value of TGaS benchmark results into clients’ operating practices, processes, or business results.
· Demonstrate expertise and provide consultative guidance on key Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics functional areas:
- Primary Marketing Research
- Advanced & Predictive Analytics
- AI and Machine Learning
- Next Best Action / Field Innovation
- Secondary Data Performance Analyses & Reporting
- Competitive Intelligence
- Marketing Mix Analytics
- Business Development & Licensing Analytical Support
Lead Advisory Services Engagements with Clients
· Respond (accurately and in a timely manner) to client inquiries by providing expert and valued guidance that informs client decision-making.
· Respond to clients’ Virtual How (vHow) (short topical survey) requests by developing appropriate survey instruments, analyzing data, creating reports with insights, to be published, distributed, and communicated to the network of TGaS advisory services clients.
· Assist the Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics solution lead at TGaS Advisors’ semi-annual Client Summits and Monthly Client Connects.
· Help conduct industry landscapes (best practice deep dives) to be published and distributed to the network of TGaS advisory services clients.
Business Development / Opportunity Identification
· Through ongoing client interactions, identify unmet client needs that are addressable through TGaS Advisors Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics (or other solution) offerings.
Candidate Profile & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional with experience in most of the Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics functions in a large or mid-tier pharmaceutical company or emerging life sciences organization. The candidate must possess the credibility and experience to both understand Commercial Insights and Advanced Analytics roles/responsibilities and advise on related best practices. The position will require the ability to develop and maintain relationships for on-going client engagement. Prior experience as a consultant or consultative roles is desirable.
In addition, the candidate will have a track record that exemplifies:
· Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical commercial operations with extensive background in commercial analytics.
· An ability to consult, problem-solve, work autonomously, and to organize complex information into clear actionable recommendations that improve (client) business results.
· Comfort working and communicating with commercial analytics and commercial operations leaders.
· Development and management of effective relationships with clients.
· Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously, coupled with excellent communication skills, including group presentations, verbal and writing abilities.
· Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products.
· Ability to collaborate and interact with TGaS colleagues with high integrity and credibility as perceived by all those with whom he/she will work.
· Education: A Bachelor’s degree is required. An advanced degree is strongly preferred
TGaS has achieved its success by delivering high-value solutions to bio-pharmaceutical commercial operations leaders. This effort is enabled by sourcing top talent to the TGaS organization. As such, the ideal candidate will be a confident self-starter who can thrive in a small company environment with a high degree of entrepreneurial spirit.